Monday, December 27, 2010

A Florida Christmas

While most parades consist of elaborate floats and giant balloons, Florida has the Christmas Boat Parade.  I wasn't sure what to expect, as past events that my parents have dragged me to have been, well, less than stellar, but this was spectacular!  We went to a family friend's home on the ICW (Intercoastal Waterway) to watch the parade from their dock. 

As usual, my family was the largest, loudest crowd there.  While other, civilized attendees sipped their wine and politely applauded each passing 'ship,' my clan whooped and hollered the entire time, coming dangerously close to falling off the dock and into the ICW.  I don't think the others knew what to make of us.  I mean, here is my adorable mother, who I can best describe as Sally Fields in Brothers and Sisters, miss head of hospitality at church, with her perfect coif and kitten heels, enthusiatically cheering on every light display with her five ruffian children.  We were the loudest ones within a five mile radius, easily.  But at least we are fun!

I apologize for the picture quality, as the photos were captured using the camera on my Blackberry, but I wanted to give you at least a feel for the awesomeness that is a Florida Christmas Boat Parade!


Nativity Scene ("Reason for the Season"):

Snoopy! Charlie Brown Christmas:

Santa and Mrs. Claus:

Rudolph:

Nutcracker Fantasy (my brother's favorite):
Impressive, right?!


No comments:

Post a Comment